Pixels Guyana Inc.

Baby dies in fire at Linden – Kaieteur News

Kaieteur News – A one-year-old baby girl lost her life tragically on Tuesday in a fire at Wismar, Linden, Region Ten.

The rubble that remains after the house was burnt to the ground.

The dead child, Aziza Albert, her two-year-old sibling and her mother, Anika Hamy were all inside of their one-flat wooden home when a fire erupted. Police said that it was around 19:30hrs that day. Hamy told police that Albert and her sister were playing in their living room while she was cooking on a kerosene stove inside their kitchen. The woman said that she was about to fry some eggs when the stove accidently fell to the floor. The oil and the kerosene fueled the flames and spread quickly throughout the house.

Upon seeing the flames, the baby ran towards her mother but ended running into the flames. Hamy managed to pull her out of the fire along with the two-year-old sibling and escaped the burning building. Unfortunately, Albert had already sustained severe burns to her body. Hamy began screaming for help but a according to reports, a few neighbours formed a bucket brigade and attempted to extinguish the fire while others stood by with their cell phones recording the ordeal.

Dead: Aziza Albert

“Nonetheless, the Fire Service was summoned, and in a short while, Fire Tender # 99, Commanded by Leading Fireman Lovell and a crew of five, arrived and went into action”, police stated. Aziza Albert was rushed to the Linden Hospital Complex, where she received medical attention for second and third-degree burns. She was later transferred to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC), where she died around 23:00hrs while receiving treatment.

The content of this article may have been taken from one or multiple sources. See article title for content credit.