Pixels Guyana Inc.

Fifteen homeless after fire razes Howes Street home – Stabroek News

By Joseph Allen

The Howes Street building on fire last night

Fifteen persons are now homeless following a fire at Howes Street, Charlestown, Georgetown, believed to have been caused by an overheated electrical point.

According to a report from the Guyana Fire Service (GFS), the fire was called in at 18.45 hours prompting the immediate dispatch of seven officers, fifteen firefighters, six EMTs, three water tenders, and three ambulances from the Central, Alberttown, and West Ruimveldt fire stations. Upon arrival at the scene, they observed a three-storey wooden and concrete building on fire.

The Fire Service noted that the first appliance arrived on the scene at 18.50 hours, and the fire was completely extinguished at approximately 20.20 hours. A fire hydrant in the area along with water from the trucks were used to extinguish the blaze.

The content of this article may have been taken from one or multiple sources. See article title for content credit.